Have You Been Charged With A Crime in Round Lake Beach?
If you have been charged with a crime in Round Lake, IL, it is in your best interests to hire an effective Criminal Defense Lawyer as soon as possible to avoid a harsh sentence. While you might not think that a petty offense such as shoplifting may require the hiring of a lawyer, it is far better to appear in court with a lawyer than without one. In fact, it is probably safe to say that even a court-appointed public defender, in most cases, is better than no lawyer at all. However, there are many reasons you should hire a private lawyer rather than rely on a public defender. Here are just a few:
- Public defenders carry a huge case load and therefore can spend limited time with each client.
- You cannot choose your public defender; one will be appointed for you.
- Public defenders do not necessarily have experience with your type of case
- The resources of a public defender will depend on how well the Public Defender’s Office is financed
- Public defenders typically can’t refuse cases, even if they feel they are not qualified
So if you can possibly afford it, hire a lawyer in private practice who has a lot of experience defending clients on the same charge as your own. Attorney David B. Franks has over 15 years of criminal prosecution and defense experience in the areas of Criminal Law, DUI Law, and Traffic Defense. Attorney Franks participates in, and is a past chair, of continuing legal education seminars sponsored by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA). He is also a published author of case studies published in the monthly ISBA newsletter, and has authored a chapter in “The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases” published by Aspatore Books. Martindale-Hubbell consistently awards Attorney Franks the “AV Preeminent Rating”, which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. For additional qualifications, please read David B. Franks Attorney Profile.
Here are examples of the types of Criminal Cases that David B. Franks handles:
• A Round Lake woman was charged by police for possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A 35 year old Round Lake Beach woman was charged with domestic battery.
• A man was charged with underage drinking, zero tolerance driving under the influence, speeding, improper lane use, and driving in the wrong lane.
• A 43 year old man in McHenry was charged with battery and resisting a police officer.
Minors in McHenry County were recently charged with:
• Underage drinking, zero tolerance driving under the influence, speeding, improper lane use, and driving in the wrong lane
• An eighteen year old man was arrested and charged with theft from a motor vehicle.
Recent DUI and Traffic Offenses in McHenry County:
• A Round Lake Beach man was charged driving under the influence, disobeying a traffic-control signal, improper lane use, illegal transportation of alcohol, and resisting a police officer.
•Driving under the influence, driving without a valid license, and speeding in Round Lake.